Monday

how i pack

Hahaaa....I cant believe I'm even posting these pictures. But, yes, this is how I pack. Especially for big-deal-have-to-impress-someone-aka a boy-trips. I take pictures of all my final outfit choices & message them to a friend for last minute tips/approval. Usually it's to Kristy who keeps my too conservative side in check. This is so random, but I found these pictures today and they made me happy and a bit sad. I want a fun trip to be excited about again. Who wants to buy me a plane ticket to somewhere exciting?! Any takers.....

and please don't comment/judge my attire and wardrobe. I have never in a million years claimed to be a fashionista of any kind. If I could shake my mother's voice in my head....and hold down a real job....I would live in t-shirts & jeans everyday of my life. for realz :)

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I am laughing hysterically at your mother's voice in your head. (Love you Ms. Linda!!!) She reminds me to put makeup on whenever I leave the house. Do you remember how we'd whine and tell her we were just going to see JOE. Good grief. And I'm just putting it out there - come see me and it won't matter what you wear. The jeans and t-shirts will be perfect.

Melissa J said...

I love this idea,I would have NEVER thought of it.

I would love to get a plane ticket to somewhere fabulous!!

P.S. I LOVE the red dress!!

Bessie Mae said...

hahhaa....I sent her a little test video clip I did for work the other day & her only comment was: 'you did fine & you should have put on lipstick'. Remember that Lauren? 'Put your lips on!' everytime we were leaving the house. Now a days she just has to be happy with lip gloss :)

Thanks Melissa....of course I rocked out the jeans & never had an occasion for the fancy stuff. Ha.

Lauren said...

The lipstick is what I remember the most. :) And then we learned how tacky naked earlobes are...from Additions? The lady that came to Additions?

Bessie Mae said...

hahaha.....totally forgot about that! i never leave the house w/o at least a small earring on. wow, they have become my subconscious. Ah, to be raised in the South. Wonder what yankee moms yell at their children? If my mother was from New Jersey I'm sure she would fuss at me for a. not tanning enough (oh wait-she does)b. not wearing enough Ed Hardy & c. hmm...not having a big enough 'poof' in my hair maybe?! Sorry, heard something about the Jersey SHore on the radio this AM. Hahaa

Kristy said...

Love this! Just now seeing it. Funny thing is, I've never questioned this habit. I assume this is what normal people do that don't have the chance to get the "roommate" approval. And I agree with naked ears. Makeup eventually fades but earrings stay in place. We had 18-22 years of not being allowed to or needing to wear makeup and jewelry but wanting to so bad. Enjoy it now, the older we get, the more makeup and jewelry we will need to feel dressed up aka distract from things we don't want focused on. Hmmm... and remember, if all else fails, there's the new 2 for 1 special we talked about. HA!