Wednesday

seriously?!

Yall-I just found out this week that I have high cholesterol. WTF?! I think I'm a pretty healthy chick....5 out of 7 days a week at least. I drink 3-5 cups of green tea a day, take a multi-vitamin every morning with my breakfast, try to eat lots of fruits & veggies, not much meat-esp. red in my diet anymore, exercise everyday in some form (walk fish monster at least). I get my rest (most) nights. Errr.... genetics! Love my Dad, but his side of the family is to blame. On a new mission now. One that starts with oatmeal everyday. Hmmm...but I do LOVE cheese & bacon (!) & breads of any type.......errrrrrrrrrrrrr. More to come-research time. On a mission to develop a 'miracle shake' that cures all that ales me & you & millions of Americans so I dont have to work any more. Sounds like a good plan doesnt it!?

3 comments:

Linda said...

genes are a b*tch, aren't they??? i don't think everything is on your daddy's side....papa has heart disease and so did his mother...and mimi's father had a stroke...which is also cardiovascular disease...oh well, we are all gonna die of something..let's just hope it is nothing serious, LOL.

melissa said...

I'm sorry to hear that bess, how did you find out? I didn't think doctors started looking for that until you were in your late 30's early 40's.

Bessie Mae said...

My Step Mom ran some labs looking for something else [nothing scary] & came across that. Very unexpected! We were both shocked. Oh well, just another reason to take better care of myself & get back on the bandwagon!