Thursday

caramelized onion flatbread

Is your mouth watering yet? How yummy is that picture?! I {attempted} to make this last night when some friends & I decided to make an impromptu pot of chilli. Ive been dieing to try this since I tore it out of a Southern Living a few weeks ago. You can go HERE to get the real recipe, also where the image is from. OR-you can cheat like I did :)

Bess' Version of Southern Living's Caramelized Onion Flat Bread:
Ingredients-
-one large sweet onion
-EVOO...extra virgin olive oil
-one chunk {technically 'sprig'} of fresh rosemary
-one Boboli pizza crust, thinking I used thin crust?
-one bottle of organic red wine to consume WAY to fast. Oops! That might not be for everyone.

Directions:
-preheat oven to 450 degrees
-slice onion, thinly
-saute onion in a sauce pan with EVOO on med/high heat until golden brown {mine were slightly black on the edges, but maintained a good flavor. ok, they were really black. next time it will be as pretty as it tastes}. This should take around 15 min. Stir FREQUENTLY.
-dice fresh Rosemary
-drizzle EVOO on pizza crust, cover in Rosemary & Caramelized onions.
-Bake at 450 for 10-12 min. Slice & Serve!

If you read my New Year's Resolutions HERE, then you will recall that 'cooking more' was one of them. I am happy to report that I have been working on that! I was so happy the other night when my roomie, John, asked me "So, you like to cook a lot. Huh?" And this was while I was cooking! Now, if I could focus more on the resolution that dealt with running....

3 comments:

melissa said...

That looks so yummy! : )

momma said...

so how did it taste???

Bessie Mae said...

It was delicious! I had two or three pieces myself...oops!