Sunday

2010: the beginning

We are slightly superstitious in my family...maybe its a Southern thing? I think I get it all from my mother, whom I think got it all from her Grandmother-MawMaw, who was not a 'witch woman' in any way, very Christian people but one of those country gals that could Talk a wart off of your arm & stuff. You know what I mean. Needless to say its always very important to me to have a fun New Years Eve & eat all the lucky foods on New Years Day. It might all be a crock of crap, but I think your New Years Eve & Day can definitely be a direct reflection of how your year will turn out. [side note: I am also that person that reads horoscopes & fortune cookie fortunes and gets really excited when they correlate with my current life. But, of course, only in a positive way. And when they don't I just toss it aside with a "who believes in that crap anyway".] Why am I even putting this out there for public knowledge?! I even think I sound crazy now. Where was this going???? Oh yeah.....

The year 2010 is, based on NYE & NYDay, going to be a blast! Lots of fun times with great friends involving lots of food & alcohol (oh well). There was no running involved in my entire weekend. Very disappointed. I think my resolutions shall begin tomorrow. Our New Year's Day Linner (yes, that is Lunch/Dinner) was a blast & we had all the appropriate 'fixins': pork tenderloin sliders made w/ Sister Schubert Rolls, black eyed peas & hoppin johns, grits & greens, corn bread and a million other things! It was all DE-LISH if I do say so myself. Ive made an amazing group of friends here at the beach & it was really nice to have them all to come back to after this crazy Christmas.

And by the way. Now that this first decade of the 2000's is behind us-what do we call it? The 0's? So awkward. Peace out awkward & hello 10's!

2 comments:

Momma said...

I don't think I am overly superstitous......or really very superstitous at all....hmmmmmmm. I'll have to ponder on it.

Bessie Mae said...

notice the very first line of this post: we are SLIGHTLY superstitious in my family....