Saturday

please pause for a moment to vent


My apologies for the crap that is about to spew from my blog.....but i just need to get this off of my chest and out into space. I am 25 and single. I have no problem with this. The rest of the world does seem to. I bet money I will be embarrassed in 2 days and delete this post. Oh well-today it will serve its therapeutic purpose. Someone told me last night to 'stop being so picky, you're not perfect, & don't waste your youth waiting.' WTF?!

You know what-I'm pretty, smart, talented, creative, athletic and a nice person and I know these things and am not scared to say this out loud. I think any guy would be lucky to have me in his life and this is why I refuse to just settle for some stupid boy that would not be able to give me at least some of these things in return. I have dated some really nice guys & for whatever reason it has not worked out & I do believe that is God's plan & I am okay with that.

I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PICKY. I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE SINGLE. AND I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE HAPPY WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE.

And if I end up alone in my older years I'm just going to be a crazy eccentric old bitch and love every second of it. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!
Abbey

Melissa J said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
doug said...

amen.

Q. said...

amen sistah! you know my view: being alone makes ya strong. hang in there bessiemae...you deserve to be picky!

Shopaholic said...

So glad we're on the same page. I knew that, but proud of you for puttin it out there to the world.