Friday

Lindsay & Mikell West, June 2009

So one of my coolest friends ever....can't you tell from the pic to the left(?!) recently decided to tie the knot. Lindsay & I met in line during Rush at GSU. We were both nervous and feeling quite out of our element. As the future would eventually prove: we were not 'cookie cutter' sorority girl material. But, whatever, we gave it a try :) Lindsay was there for what is still considered the craziest two years of my life (freshman & sophomore year of college). We have all grown....and calmed down quite a bit. I know our mothers are thankful for that! Enough back tracking..... Lindsay & Mikell met at CCF in the Boro (correct me if I'm wrong McGrail), dated for a while, went there separate ways for a bit....Mikell ended up in Mexico to do missionary work building houses for those in need & Lindsay in Spain to help minister to teens & young adults (that is super abbreviated-I know!), both became very VERY fluent in Spanish, eventually made there way back to the States & one another! I am so glad that Lindsay & Mikell are going to spend the rest of their days together....I just wish it wasn't starting out all the way in El Paso, Texas. They will be returning to the dirty south eventually....guess it's time to plan a road trip?! As you can tell from the photos their wedding was gorgeous, very southern & super fun! Do you know anyone who has had an 80's cover band play at their reception?? Probably not-but highly recommend it! I don't think anyone with in earshot could stand still that night. Her photographer did an amazing job as well (yes I jacked these pics from facebook)....I love all of the photo collages she did. It was such a gorgeous ceremony & amazing reception and I don't know two people who deserve it more! They will now be residing in Texas & Mikell will continue building homes for those in need & McGrail (sorry, but will always call her by her OLD last name-love you Mikell:) ) well, McGrail will be molding the young, impressionable minds of the future. Congratulations to the Wests!

4 comments:

Lindsay Hopes. said...

i am so glad I was able to celebrate wit you!!!

Love you!

Momma said...

This is the photographer who is doing Jill Dunn's wedding....she is Silas' (groom) cousin....

Bessie Mae said...

yeah-Lauren Hasty Fresh emailed me about it the other day......she is looking to use her for pics of the baby when he arrives! Small, small, small world!

Bessie Mae said...

yeah-Lauren Hasty Fresh emailed me about it the other day......she is looking to use her for pics of the baby when he arrives! Small, small, small world!